Xcel Mechanical Systems is seeking an entry-level Office Administrator capable of providing professional and increasingly progressive support to our project Estimating Team.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any discipline; demonstrated interest in learning more about the construction industry; is a versatile team player; and possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills. Xcel Mechanical Systems is located in Gardena, CA – about 10 miles from the beach, from LAX, and from Downtown Los Angeles. You will join Xcel Mechanical as it enters its 20th-year in business; a time in which our company is being recognized as one of the largest mechanical and plumbing contractors in California and one of the safest in the United States.
- Schedule meetings and presentations
- Become familiar with construction-related, project management software platforms
- Locate, download, print, scan and manage updated project drawings
- Become familiar with General Contracting partner websites and bid contacts
- Collect, disseminate, respond to and track Invitations to Bid (ITBs) for new project proposals
- Brief Estimating Team on upcoming bid opportunities
- Maintain Job Walk calendar, coordinate coverage
- Enter outbound proposal data into company’s Bid Tracking software platform
- Assist in tracking and reporting proposal status, wins and losses
- Provide related and ongoing support to our Estimating Team
- Entry-level, recent college grads will be considered
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working in the contracting industry a plus
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail; ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy on all assigned tasks
- Strong time management skills; able to prioritize competing tasks to meet critical deadlines
- Flexible. Adaptable. Positive attitude. Team Player.
Xcel Mechanical Systems is an award-winning engineering and construction firm specializing in commercial HVAC, plumbing, and process piping systems. Building owners, property managers, and general contractors trust us to deliver cost-effective, dependable solutions that make buildings more comfortable, energy efficient and easier to manage. For more information, please visit our website.