Xcel Mechanical Systems has an opening for a Mechanical Piping & Plumbing Prefabrication Shop Foreman. This individual will assume the role of Mechanical Piping & Plumbing Prefabrication Shop Foreman for our growing company, and will join a team of other engineering, construction and trade professionals servicing a diverse base of clients throughout the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area. This is a full-time position based at our Gardena, CA office and fabrication facility.
Applicants must be in good standing with their District Council 16 Local Union as a Journeyman or higher-level classification. A minimum of 10 years’ experience in mechanical piping and plumbing industry, along with three years’ experience running a minimum four-to-five-person crew is preferred.
Required Systems Experience:
• Chilled water and heating hot water
• Domestic hot/cold water
• Waste, water and vent piping
• Large and small-bore piping systems
• Fabrication and installation of the above systems
Required Piping Material Experience:
• Carbon Steel
• Cast iron
Required Shop Quality/ Business Productivity Qualifications:
• Hands-on experience in the layout, fitting, and welding of commercial plumbing and piping systems
• Expert-level knowledge of all welding methods, procedures, and quality control
• Working knowledge of all tools and equipment i.e. overhead cranes, saws, iron workers, shears, breaks, welding equipment
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints, sketches, schematics, spool sheets, work orders
• QA/QC of the product that is being put out by the Shop
• Must be able to send out quality product to the field in a timely manner
• Experience/ familiarity with Microsoft Office business efficiency tools (Outlook email, Outlook Calendar, Word, Excel)
Additional Responsibilities (as assigned):
• Supervise and coordinate shop fabrication employees
• Responsible for safety and schedule of all assigned shop production
• Foster a climate of continuous improvement in safety, production, personnel relations, equipment, maintenance, and plant efficiency
• Directly supervise Mechanical Piping & Plumbing Shop employees in work tasks to verify and ensure conformance to specifications, drawings, procedures, and quality, schedule, and budget
• Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of customer product
• Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency
• Assist Shop personnel in solving work problems
• Maintain time and production records of all assigned employees
• Monitor and support all Mechanical Piping & Plumbing shop projects maintaining high quality, on time delivery, safety, and staying within budget
• Provide safety equipment operation and procedural training to fabrication shop staff, as needed.
• Provide fabrication of piping and plumbing systems, as needed.
Competitive pay and benefits are offered. If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We review all resumes and will respond should your experience and interest match our qualifications. Xcel Mechanical Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Xcel Mechanical without employer sponsorship.
About Xcel Mechanical Systems
Xcel Mechanical Systems is an award-winning mechanical and plumbing engineering, construction and service firm headquartered in Gardena, CA. Our teams work directly with building owners, facilities managers and general contractors to design, build and deliver dependable, cost-effective solutions that make commercial buildings more comfortable, energy-efficient and easier to manage. Our clients include global aerospace firms, large metropolitan hospitals, major research universities, Fortune 500 companies, and all manner of mid-size companies. We are a licensed, bonded and insured union contractor, and can perform work as either a prime or sub on private and public projects. We maintain a local construction and service fleet of more than 50 vehicles that can deploy quickly and scale easily to complete projects of any size. Xcel Mechanical is entering its 20th-year in business; a time in which our company is being recognized as one of the largest mechanical and plumbing contractors in California and one of the safest in the United States. To learn more, please visit us online: www.XcelMech.com
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com